|Organisation||Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)|
|Job Posting Date||18/03/2020|
|Grade||Principal / Lead Specialist|
|Salary and benefits||INR 1.75 to 2.50 lakhs per month + other benefits (salary and designation will be offered commensurate with experience and qualifications)|
|Contract||Fixed Term Contract (3 years), Full-Time, National Hire,|
|Occupational Groups||Infrastructure, Development, Disaster Risk Reduction, Partnerships, External Relations, Stakeholder Management|
|Last Date for Application||30/04/2020|
The Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) is a multi-stakeholder global partnership of national governments, UN agencies and programmes, multilateral development banks and financing mechanisms, the private sector, and academic and knowledge institutions. It aims to address the challenges of building resilience into infrastructure systems and development associated with it. The vision, mission, goal and objectives of the CDRI are explicitly linked to the post-2015 development agendas. The Coalition will also contribute to the resilience of the global infrastructure systems in an increasingly interconnected world. The outcome of such collaboration would be aimed at building resilient economies and resilient people through cross-sector commitments at all levels towards adaptation and resilience with concrete outcomes that will bring resilience action to global scale.
The CDRI will support countries to upgrade their systems for ensuring disaster and climate resilience of existing and future infrastructure. It seeks to rapidly expand the development of and retrofit resilient infrastructure to respond to the SDGs objectives of expanding universal access to basic services, enabling prosperity, and decent work. CDRI envisions enabling measurable reduction in infrastructure losses from disasters including extreme climate events.
The Government of India has established a Society in New Delhi to act as the Secretariat of CDRI. The Secretariat functions under the direction of the international Governing Council and implements the programs of CDRI. This position is being advertised for staff positions on Fixed Term Contract of three (3) years.
Objective of this position:
To initiate, design, and implement projects, technical support and research activities relating to partnerships and external relations for CDRI.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Anchor the development of partnership and external relations strategy in line with the aims of CDRI.
• Build and maintain relationships with donors demonstrating professionalism in providing advice and information on CDRI activities and sensitivity to member concerns
• Develop a strategy for awareness generation at the policy level on issues related to disaster and climate resilient infrastructure.
• Promoting and positioning the organisation as a people oriented organisation for problem solving, learning and advise relating to infrastructure resilience.
• Develop an engagement strategy for CDRI with relevant stakeholders.
• Identify relevant national and international forums and prepare a strategy for CDRI engagement in those forums.
• Coordinate closely with government agencies, development partners, insurance companies and other relevant stakeholders concerning disaster resilient infrastructure activities and maintain up-to-date information on their activities and programs.
• Support projects of CDRI from a partnerships and external relations lens.
• Develop linkages with national and international institutions of excellence working on issues related to disaster resilient infrastructure.
• Attend and document meetings or consultations with external stakeholders as required.
• Demonstrated strategic, technical and intellectual skills in the substantive area;
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of key donors, their priorities and areas of interest and adapting content and approaches of resource mobilization activities to their requirements
• Demonstrated experience of managing multilateral decision making processes.
• Understanding of more advanced aspects of resource mobilization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines
• Experience in establishing partnerships and networks with partners;
• Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills, ability to manage technical team;
• Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
• Analytical and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• The ability to present information and concepts clearly, both verbally and on paper.
• Proven ability to draw inputs from multiple disciplines and synthesize them to address specific problems.
• Experience of drafting knowledge products such as books, articles, research papers, toolkits, guides, policy papers and notes, baseline studies and/or comparative studies;
• Familiarity with international frameworks like the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
• Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
• Past track record/Ability to work independently, deliver timely and quality products; and
• Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office)
• Experience of working in international organisations.
• Experience in developing and implementing capacity building strategies for large organisations in public or private sectors.
• Experience of roster management for international emergency deployments.
Objective of this position:
Post-Graduate qualification in international relations, public relations, international cooperation for development, communication, social science, journalism, political science or related field.
Minimum 10 years of overall experience with at least 4 years at the national or international level, including experience within the international development system on resource mobilization and partnership development. Familiarity with fund raising for development programming preferred. Specific experience in disaster risk reduction will be given additional weightage.
Application Process: Download PDF